The area that surrounds the historic gem of Lexington is most pleasant and attractions abound. we have large amounts of farmland and large areas of state and National Forests. All of our country roads, highways and by-ways are very scenic. Endless opportunities for seeing historic landmarks, vineyards, caverns, a drive through zoo, an historic working Mill, one of American's Natural Wonders, the Blue Ridge Parkway and much more will make a trip to A B&B at Llewellyn a trip for the ages.
- Natural Bridge State Park
- Natural Bridge Trail System-
- Blue Ridge Parkway 11 miles East of the Lodge- more below.
- Rt 39- Applachian Scenic By-Way Follow this to Goshen Pass, one of Virginia's most beautiful Natural spots-. Take a swim,fish, kayak or tube. Picnicking at its best.
- Rockbridge and Lexington Valley Vineyards
- Wades Mill Water powerered mill with gift shop, sone ground flours Apr-Oct
- Sam Houston Wayside honors the birthplace of the famous Texas Governor
- Hull's Drive In Theatre - Enjoy a 1950's throwback experience weekends Apr-Oct- first run movies.
- Virginia Safari Park - Mar-Nov- 180 acre Drive through zoo
- 2 Large Antique Malls - Dukes's and Lexington Antique total over 60,000 sq. ft
- Clark's Old Time Music Center- Fridays- Old time mountain music & flatfootin'
- Devil's Backbone Outpost Beer Brewery - Tours and Tasting
- Boxerwood Nature Center and Garden- 31 acres of horticulture to enjoy. Open Daily.
- Virginia Gold Orchard--Asian Pears for sale & tastings. Aug-Nov.
- Orchardside Yarn Shop & Berry farm- pick your own July-Sept, antiques
- Virginia Horse Center - a world class equestrian facilty close to the Llewellyn Lodge hosting many competitions and other events most weeks of the year.
- Natural Bridge Speedway-Racing on a fast 3/8 mile track most Sats. Apr-Oct
- Glen Maury Park - hosting various Blue Grass festivals during the summer
Just A Short Drive Away- This is just one of Our Scenic Drives From the Lodge:
Marvel at the Natural Bridge- The 215’ high span of solid limestone towers above a stream which has a hiking trail along it, Spectacular light show at dusk. A Monocan Indian encampment is on this trail. Caverns, wax museum and kid's playground. The Asian Gold pear orchard is just up the road with nice fruit in season. The Safari Park just a bit further up is a drive through zoo where you can see and feed exotic roaming animals from the car. The Virginia Horse Center is only 5 minutes from The Lodge. This world class facility offers shows and events most weekends.
Experience the Blue Ridge Parkway’s spectacular seasonal foliage displays with its outstanding vistas, wildlife viewing and scenic leg stretcher trails. The Appalachian Trail is closby, we have lots of maps detailed loop drives using part of the Parkway.any of our guests like to trek up to the Peaks of Otter on the parkway to catch a great hiking and meal in a post and beam lodge overlooking a small lake with mountain backdrop.
Just A Short Drive Away- This is just one of Our Scenic Drives From the Lodge, a Guest favorite.:
Enjoy a fantastic Loop Drive to the Rockbridge Vineyard, Wades Mill, Dukes Antique Mall, Lexington Antique Mall, Orchard side Yarn Shop, Cyrus Mc Cormick Farm, Lexington Valley Vineyard and our favorite, Goshen Pass. Wine tasting, wildflower walks, a glimpse at the inner workings of a grist mill, c 1750 and soaking in some of the best natural beauty in Virginia in Goshen Pass are just a few of the possibilities on this excursion.oop hikes including segments of it in John's HIKING BOOK which represents a lifetime of enjoying the great outdoors of Rockbridge County
Blue Ridge Parkway. Natural Bridge and Caverns, George Washington and Jefferson National Forests, Virginia Horse Center, Goshen Pass Natural Area, Scenic Highway 39, various seasonal Festivals, Bluegrass Music, Orchards, and Southern Virginia University. Rockbridge Vineyard, LexingtonVineyard, Historic Wades Working Mill. Cyrus McCormick Farm Canoeing, Hiking, Golf, Horseback Riding, Fly-fishing, Night tennis Trans-America Bike Route 76. Antique Malls Lake Robertson Recreation Area. Homestead Resort. Bath & Highland Counties